tradebitCenter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking backlinks - Frequently Asked Questions

+19
Legaultmilt
Gagné expert
Peppin7
Rousseauweb
Lépicier007
Leroy Fitz
hostas
Matt Broody
Allaire
Sirois
Brault
melltonroper
webdesignerexpert
Descoteaux
Paréflm
Harquin
Sergemac
Nora258
seo back link
23 posters

Go down

Checking backlinks - Frequently Asked Questions Empty Checking backlinks - Frequently Asked Questions

Post  seo back link Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 pm

I have just finished a huge campaign for my new site, and I am trying to find an effective way to check backlinks. Google Webmasters tools and Yahoo Site Explore give me COMPLETELY different answers. Which one is most reliable for SEO?

seo back link

Back to top Go down

Checking backlinks - Frequently Asked Questions Empty Re: Checking backlinks - Frequently Asked Questions

Post  Nora258 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm

I find the most reliable to be MajesticSEO.

Im not sure if Yahoo Site Explorer is updating anymore because yahoo are closing the service down soon. It doesn't seem to be updating, looking at the SEOQuake toolbar.

Nora258

Back to top Go down

Checking backlinks - Frequently Asked Questions Empty Re: Checking backlinks - Frequently Asked Questions

Post  Sergemac Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 pm

I use a free downloadable program called SEO spyglass. It takes longer than using some of these web services, but it gives lots more info like anchor text, PR of the site linking from, etc.

Sergemac

Back to top Go down

Post  Harquin Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi fellows,

Please, realize that the OP is banned, probably not without any reason. I saw he started many different threads today, and is banned also today.

So, please, don't feed the troll.

Best,

Harquin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paréflm Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Banned or not, I'm looking for the same info. The Yahoo has to old backlinks, because Yahoo Explorer doesn't work anymore. I was looking for the MajesticSEO but it's to expensive for me at that moment. Is there any alternative for MajesticSEO ?

Regards.

Paréflm

Back to top Go down

Post  Descoteaux Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 pm

As I know, MajesticSEO has a free version you can use (of course, depending on your need of data).

An alternative solution may be for you SEOmoz, and you can use it free for 30 days.

I don't use one either, so I cannot express an opinion about them.

All the best,

Descoteaux

Back to top Go down

Post  webdesignerexpert Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 pm

In my opinion, We should consider Google Webmaster Tools for the backlink count. If you want to rank on Google just check which links Google are considering as Backlink.

Why we should look at backlinks on other tools. They just give the number of links submitted in various websites not the actual backlinks which Google consider as ranking signal. This is my thinking though.

webdesignerexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  melltonroper Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Try SEO Spyglass of backlinkwatch.com...

melltonroper

Back to top Go down

Post  Brault Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:20 pm

yes, backlinkwatch.com is the right option.

Brault

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirois Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:22 pm

MajesticSEO is best to check backlinks. Even Google Webmaster also shows more number of links now a days. Yahoo Explorer is not updated and they are going to close explorer in December.

Sirois

Back to top Go down

Post  Allaire Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:24 pm

I used Backlinkwatch and Bluebacklinks

Allaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Broody Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 pm

MajesticSeo

Matt Broody

Back to top Go down

Post  hostas Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 pm

but it's paid..or I'm wrong?

hostas

Back to top Go down

Post  Leroy Fitz Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:29 pm

backlinkwatch.com is a good website for checking backlinks.

Leroy Fitz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lépicier007 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 pm

One of the easiest way is to use an online tool like Backlink Checker

This will give you dofollow/nofollow indicator, anchor text and also optional other outbound links from that page.

Lépicier007

Back to top Go down

Post  Rousseauweb Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:33 pm

how can i see how many backlinks i have and the sites they come from? i used to use yahoo but i think the site has changed a little

Rousseauweb

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppin7 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Personally I use Scrapebox for this and many many other things too

Peppin7

Back to top Go down

Post  Gagné expert Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 pm

For a free tool, SERPAttacks is good.

They also have a paid version if you like the free one and decide to upgrade. I have an affiliate link for it, but I wont post it in here. If you want my link just PM me, I'd be glad to send it over.

I personally use Scrapebox though.

Here is their discount link if you want to check that out as well though. cheapskate - ScrapeBox

Gagné expert

Back to top Go down

Post  Legaultmilt Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 pm

I use the MajesticSEO and Yahoo Site Explorer through Market Samurai, but I may have to give that free version of the link checker from ScrapeBox a try...looks interesting.

Legaultmilt

Back to top Go down

Post  Whos That Guru Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 pm

WHOA!!!

After almost 2 years of using this software I never knew they had this for a sample!!

That is really cool.

Anyway, yeah I can definitely vouch for Scrapebox AND SERPAttacks.

Whos That Guru

Back to top Go down

Post  Varieur5858 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:42 pm

I will use backlinkchecker.com and yahoo explorer to get the results. As per my knowledge they are giving updated data.

Varieur5858

Back to top Go down

Post  Leverett seo Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:44 pm

We use Open Site Explorer from SEOMoz. You need to pay to get all the data though.

Leverett seo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lagacégrill Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi,i have scrapebox and i know how to use it a little bit.Now i want to know the actual way to collect a list of backlinks for a specific site through scrapebox.can you help me please.

Lagacégrill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down